Do you want to see the world on your own terms? Do you want the flexibility to travel at your own pace or get off the beaten path? Driving abroad is your ticket to freedom.
But renting a car overseas comes with additional responsibilities and complexities. This can also induce stress and anxiety on the driver. There is so much to learn from getting a license to drive overseas to knowing the driving laws in various countries. However, the process of driving in a foreign country does not need to be a challenge. It can also be a fun and rewarding experience.
The Essential Guide to Driving Abroad is a book about simplifying the process of renting a car and driving overseas. The book will cover topics such as differences between driving on the right side and the left side of the road, and rules/laws in various regions. You will also learn about how to book a foreign rental car in another country, what rental car insurance to buy, and the best ways to get around.
This book will demystify the process of driving in another country and help you feel empowered to rent a car and travel independently. It will also help you reduce the stress and anxiety you may feel about the process. This book came from our experiences of driving abroad in Africa, Asia, and Europe. Filled with practical advice that has been road tested, this is the one book you need if you ever plan to rent a car overseas.
In The Essential Guide to Driving Abroad, we cover topics such as:
- Why drive overseas and the benefits of travel by rental car
- Driving on the left side of the road vs. driving on the right side of the road
- The AAA International Driving Permit explained (commonly called the AAA International Drivers License or AAA IDP in the U.S.)
- Booking a rental car trip
- Demystifying rental car insurance
- Best ways to get around
- Rules of the road overseas and road safety
- Driving in Europe
- Driving in Asia
- Driving in Africa
- Driving in Australia
- Road guide with an overview of traffic and parking signs
The book also answers some of the most commonly asked questions about traveling by rental car overseas:
- Do I need an International Driving Permit?
- How to get an International Drivers License?
- How long does it take to get an International Driving Permit?
- What is it really like driving in Europe?
- What do you need to rent a car in another country?
The Essential Guide to Driving Abroad: Everything You Need to Know To Simplify Your Journey and Reduce Stress is available at Amazon.