Before you start seriously traveling, we recommend signing up for all travel loyalty programs you can. The reason for this is that you can never predict your future travel plans. You might not think you’ll be traveling a lot. However, over time, the benefits accrue and soon you’ll be on your way to free travel!
Here is our comprehensive list of travel loyalty programs, including airline frequent flyer programs as well as hotel loyalty and car rental programs. We provide a list of all known programs, links to their website and some highlights of the program. Most readers of Travel Addicts are from the United States and Canada so that information can be found first. For non-North Americans, we have also provided a list in other regions below.
Airline Frequent Flyer Programs — U.S. & Canadian Carriers
- Air Canada, Aeroplan: With Air Canada, reward tickets can be redeemed for 15,000 within the U.S. and 60, 000 to Europe.
- Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan: With Alaska Airlines, all awards are based on travel within the Continental United States or between the Continental U.S. and Canada. Reward tickets can be redeemed for 12,500 to 20,000 miles.
- American Airlines AAdvantage: American Airlines offers two mileage reward programs. Choose between MileSAAver, where reward tickets can be redeemed as low as 12,000 miles or AAnytime Awards, which includes no blackout dates for any seat on any America Airlines flight.
- Delta Air Lines SkyMiles: (new program begins in Jan. 2015) Miles for Delta flights will be earned based on ticket price instead of distance flown. The next time you fly at a higher price, you’ll be rewarded with more miles- up to 75,000 per ticket. Reward tickets can also be redeemed for 25,000 within the U.S. and 60,000 to Europe.
- Frontier EarlyReturns: With Frontier, reward tickets can be redeemed for only 10,000 miles within the U.S.
- Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles: With Hawaiian Airlines, reward tickets can be redeemed for only 7,500 to a neighbor island or 20,000 to the U.S.
- JetBlue TrueBlue: When you fly with JetBlue you earn 3 points per every dollar spent. Even better, if you book a flight on jetblue.com you can earn double the points per dollar!
- Porter Airlines VIPorter: As a VIPorter member you’ll earn points based on each one-way flight you fly and the fare class you select. After earning 7,000 points, you can redeem a complimentary flight.
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards: With the Rapid Rewards program, you’ll be earning rewards whether you’re flying, staying at your favorite hotel, or simply grabbing a bite to eat. The number of points you earn is determined by the amount and type of fare you choose. Earn up to 12 points per every dollar spent.
- Spirit Airline Free Spirit: With Spirit Airline, reward tickets can be redeemed for 10,000 when traveling within a region of 0-1249 miles. They also offer the FREE SPIRIT MasterCard credit card, where you get 2 miles per $1 spent and receive 100% of miles flown.
- Sun Country Airlines Ufly Rewards: Ufly is not your typical rewards program. In order to receive free rewards faster, Sun Country allows up to ten Ufly members to pool points together without all the transfer fees or other barriers for sharing.
- United Airlines Mileage Plus: With United Airlines, reward tickets can be redeemed for 25,000 within the U.S. and 65,500 to Europe.
- US Airways Dividend Miles: With US Airways, reward tickets can redeemed for 25,000 within the U.S. and 60,000 to Europe.
- Virgin America Elevate: With Virgin America, earn points, perks and reward flights with no blackout dates. Turn that weekend vacation into a reality with reward flights starting as low as 2,500 points.
- WestJet WestJet Rewards: When traveling with WestJet, you can earn up to 4.5% back in WestJet dollars. WestJet dollars can be used like cash towards the purchase of WestJet flights and vacation packages (One WestJet dollar is equivalent to one Canadian dollar.)
Hotel Loyalty Programs
- Best Western Rewards: Best Western Rewards points can be used in almost anyway- for hotel stays, dining out, shopping and more. Only 12,000 points will give you a free night in any Best Western hotel worldwide!
- Hilton HHonors: With Hilton, the amount of points required to redeem Standard Room Rewards varies by hotel, room, booking and stay date. Earn a free night in any Hilton hotel worldwide for only 5,000 points.
- Hyatt Hotels & Resorts World of Hyatt (formerly Hyatt Gold Passport: With Hyatt Hotels, there are many easy ways to use World of Hyatt Points. Redeem your points toward room upgrades, Las Vegas resorts, different restaurants and spas or enjoy a free night for only 5,000 points.
- Inter-Continental Priority Club Rewards: With InterContinental, reward nights can be redeemed for as little as 10,000 points. They also offer no blackout dates, points that never expire and the opportunity to combine points with cash.
- Marriott Marriott Rewards: With Marriot, use your points on the spot for extras during your stay or upgrade to a preferred-view room or a larger suite for 5,000 points.
- Radisson Club Carlson: With Radisson, club members earn 20 Gold Points per U.S. dollar spent, and receive a free award night after 9,000 Gold Points. Members are also offered free Internet and elite awards, such as complimentary room upgrades, early check-in and late checkout.
- Starwood Preferred Guest: With Starwood, free reward nights can be redeemed for 2,000 Starpoints. They also allow guests to stretch their Starpoints with cash to get away sooner.
- Wyndham ByRequest: Join and stay at one of the Wyndham Hotels and automatically receive 10 free Reward points (per every dollar spent), free high-speed Internet, and priority check-in. With Wyndham, free reward nights can also be redeemed for 5,500 points.
Rental Car Programs & Airline Tie-Ins
- Alamo Insiders: With the Alamo Insiders program, earn miles and points with your Alamo Rental. Your earnings can go towards a reward flight, hotel, and more. As a member you will also receive 5% car rental rates.
- Avis Preferred Service: With Avis, you get the freedom to select the vehicle that’s perfect for you and your trip at 50 airport locations in the United States and Canada. With Avis, you’ll have three options allowing you to choose whether you keep your pre-assigned car or select a new one when you reserve an intermediate vehicle or larger.
- Budget Fastbreak: As a Fastbreak member, you’ll save time with reservations and rentals. All of your rental preferences are kept on file and your signature too, so you’ll receive a fast easy rental experience! Keep in mind; if you also reserve your vehicle on budget.com and complete your first Eligible Rental, you can save 10-20% or more on your next rental.
- Dollar Rent A Car Express Renter Rewards: With Dollar Rent A Car, reward rentals can be redeemed after you earn 16 points. Choose any size vehicle you prefer- Compact, Mid-size or a Full-size!
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards: With Hertz, receive one Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Point per qualifying dollar spent on rental charges and optional service charges, like fuel purchase, Hertz Never-Lost and more. You’ll also receive Gold Plus Rewards Points automatically, after every 15 qualifying rentals. Qualifying rentals are paid rentals using your Gold Plus Rewards number. You will become eligible to earn credit toward Free Rental Days each year once you have been rewarded your status credentials.
- National Emerald Club: As an Emerald Club member, you’ll receive the rental of your choice, faster rentals, faster returns, online renting, no second-driver fees and Free Rental Days using frequent flyer miles or hotel rewards.
- Thrifty Car Rental Blue Chip Rewards: Blue Chip Rewards is an optional rewards program that gives you credits towards a free rental day at Thrifty rather than airline miles. When you’ve rented 16 days, you’ll receive a rewards certificate for a free day! At anytime, redeem your free day certificate for any size car- compact to full-size.
Airline Frequent Flyer Programs — European Carriers
- Adria Airways, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Germanwings, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Luxair, and SWISS (all use same program) Miles and More: With this rewards program, reward tickets can be redeemed for 30,000 within Europe and 60,000 to the U.S. Miles and More also offers a variety of key benefits, such as additional miles, free bags, access to the first class terminal, lounge access and more.
- Aer Lingus Gold Circle: With Aer Lingus, reward tickets can be redeemed for 3,000 within the United Kingdom, 4,500 to Europe, and 6,000 to the U.S.
- Aegean Airlines Miles and Bonus: With Aegean Airlines, reward tickets can be redeemed for 25,000 within Europe and North Africa, and 60,000 to the U.S.
- Aeroflot Aeroflot Bonus: With Aeroflot, reward tickets can be redeemed for 25,000 to Europe and 80,000 to the U.S.
- Air Europa Flying Blue: Air Europa offers promo, classic, and flex awards- different award types for different needs. With this program, reward tickets can be redeemed for as low as 7,500 within Europe or 18,750 to the U.S.
- Alitalia Club MilleMiglia: With Alitalia, reward tickets can be redeemed for 20,000 in Europe and 50,000 to the U.S.
- British Airways Executive Club: With British Airways, reward tickets can be redeemed for 9,000 within the UK and 15,000 to Europe.
- Finnair Plus Bonus Program: There are two ways to purchase Finnair Plus award flights: using points only, or using a combination of money and points. Reward tickets can be redeemed for 20,000 within Finland and Northern Europe, and 45,000 for the rest of Europe and Dubai.
- Iberia Iberia Plus: With Iberia, Avios can be earned for every mile you fly with the airline or any associated company. You get a minimum of 500 avios every time you fly. In exchange for avios, you can book a flight for yourself, someone else, or earn up to 50% off your next flight.
- KLM Flying Blue: KLM offers promo, classic, and flex awards- different award types for different needs. With this program, reward tickets can be redeemed for as low as 7,500 within Europe or 18,750 to the U.S.
- SAS EuroBonus: EuroBonus, the premier loyalty and frequent flyer program in the Nordic countries, offers points for every time you fly, stay in a hotel, rent a car, etc. With SAS, reward tickets can be earned for 10,000 within Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Norway and Sweden.
- TAP Air TAP Victoria: With TAP Air, reward tickets can be redeemed for 10,000 within Portugal and 60,000 to the U.S.
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club: With Virgin Atlantic, reward tickets can be redeemed for as low as 7,500 within the UK and 35,000 to the U.S.
Airline Frequent Flyer Programs — Asia-Pacific Carriers
- Air New Zealand Air Points: With Air New Zealand, reward tickets can be redeemed for 230 points to Australia, 750 to the U.S. and 800 to Asia.
- All Nippon Airways ANA Mileage Club: With All Nippon Airways, reward tickets can be redeemed for 7,500 within Japan or to any location less than 600 miles away.
- Cathay Pacific Airways Asia Miles: With Cathay Pacific Airways, reward tickets can be redeemed for 10,000 within Asia or to any location less than 600 miles away.
- EVA Evergreen Infinity MileageLands: With EVA, reward tickets can be redeemed for 15,000 within Asia and 45,000 to Europe and the Americas.
- Japan Airlines JAL Mileage Bank: With Japan Airlines, reward tickets can be redeemed for between 9,000 and 15,000 miles to travel within Japan.
- Korean Air Skypass: With Korean Air, reward tickets can be redeemed for 10,000 within Korea, 40,000 to Japan and 50,000 to China/ Northeast Asia.
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich: With Malaysia, reward tickets can be redeemed for 7,500 within Asia or to any location less than 500 miles away.
- Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles: With Philippine Airlines, reward tickets can be redeemed for as low as 6,500 within Asia and 60,000 to the U.S.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer: With this Australian airline, Qantas Points can be earned by flying, hiring a car or booking a hotel. Fly up to 600 miles free for only 6,400 points!
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer: With Singapore Airlines, reward tickets can be redeemed for 7,500 within Singapore and 35,000 to the U.S.
Airline Frequent Flyer Programs — Latin American Carriers
- Aerolineas Argentinas Plus Program: With Aerolineas Argentinas, reward tickets can be redeemed for 40,000 to the U.S. Their plus program will also credit your account a minimum of 500 miles when you book a short haul flight.
- Aeropostal Aeropass: Aeropostal’s awards program is designed to reward its customers through the accumulation of miles for purchasing tickets on domestic routes, which you can redeem for prizes. Aeropass members also receive a 5% discount on any flights.
- AeroMexico Club Premier: With AeroMexico, reward tickets can be redeemed for 32,000 within Mexico or 56,000 to the U.S.
- Aserca Airlines Privilege: With Aserca Airlines, reward tickets can be redeemed for as low as 23,700 miles. Additionally, the airline offers several programs to earn and redeem more miles.
- Avianca LifeMiles: Avianca’s program is designed to reward your loyalty and preference. The LifeMiles program will provide you with many benefits such as free upgrades, extra checked bags, priority check in, etc.
- Azul Brazilian Airlines TudoAzul: (owned by JetBlue Airways): With Azul Brazilian Airlines, you are automatically credited 1000 points when you register. Reward tickets can be redeemed after you have accumulated up to 5000 points.
- Copa Airlines ConnectMiles: With Copa Airlines, series or geographical areas classify award tickets. For your award trip, this program offers the option of buying the remaining 25% at $35 for every 1,000 miles. This offer is only valid after already obtaining the first 75% of the miles required.
- LAN Airlines LANPASS: With LAN Airlines, redeeming your kilometers will offer you the opportunity to choose from one or more of the 800 destinations available. Kilometers can also be redeemed for promotions on a wide range of products or services or apply to upgrade to a superior cabin class.
- TAM Airlines Fidelidade Program: With TAM Airlines, you earn points not miles, which means fewer calculations and more trips. Reward tickets can be redeemed for 1,000 within South America and 5,000 to the U.S.
Please note: We strive to maintain an accurate list, however, airlines, hotels and car rental companies are constantly changing their programs. The information on this list is accurate as of the publication. We are happy to correct any errors over time. Please contact us and inform us of any errors. Thank you!